Train Hard, Run Free
The Running Dynamics Pod easily clips onto your waistband to measure the running dynamics you need to beat yesterday. It gives you the option to run without a heart rate monitor chest strap. Once paired with your compatible smartwatch, just clip it to the back and center of your waistband and start your run.
Review Your Form
View and analyze important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence - the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground Contact Time - balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage.
- Stride Length - is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in metres.
- Vertical Oscillation - is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical Ratio - the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground Contact Time - the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
- COMPATIBILITY -
- D2 Pilot
- Descent MK1
- fenix 5 / 5S / 5X
- fenix 5 Plus / 5S Plus / 5X Plus
- fenix 6 / 6S / 6X
- Fenix Chronos
- Forerunner 245
- Forerunner 645
- Forerunner 735XT
- Forerunner 935
- Forerunner 945
- SPECIFICATIONS -
- Weight - 12 g
- Dimensions - 38 x 23 x 19 mm
- Water resistance - IPX7
- Life ~ approx 1 year
- Type - CR1632 (user replaceable)