What Personal Information does FE Sports collect?
The types of personal information that FE Sports records will depend on your usage of our site. If you carry out a transaction online or send us an email, FE Sports will record information that may differ from the information FE Sports collects if you simply visit our site.
What Happens with Your Personal Information?
- i) Purchasing products or services
- If you purchase products or services or apply to become a customer, FE Sports requires you to provide certain details so that we can establish an account and provide you with the product or service. This includes details such as your name and contact information or in the case of businesses, information about the company, department or association making the purchase or setting up the account. FE Sports requires this information to help us process and manage your account.
FE Sports also requests information to help assess your credit worthiness. Further details about this can be found in the terms and conditions for the product or service you are purchasing. If you purchase a product or service FE Sports also requires your credit card details in order to process the purchase. FE Sports may also request information about you in order to help you decide which product or service would best suit your needs.
- ii) Paying your account online or making other enquiries about your account.
- If you pay your account online, FE Sports requires you to provide your account details and credit card details in order to process the payment. If you make an online query about your account you will be required to provide your account details, password and contact details so that your inquiry can be resolved as soon as possible.
- iii) General requests
- You can use the online forms for a number of other purposes such as to request further information about other FE Sports products and services. In order to process your request we will require you to provide us with certain personal information. This includes such details as your name and contact information and information about any existing account. If you send us an email request we will ask for similar information. We require this information to process your request and to improve the services we provide to you.
When you are carrying out a transaction or simply making an enquiry, FE Sports may also ask for information such as details about yourself or your company so that we may better tailor our services to your needs and to provide you with information about a range of FE Sports products and services. FE Sports may also conduct voluntary surveys or request other voluntary information from time to time. These surveys provide FE Sports with important information that enables improvement in the types and quality of services offered and the manner in which those services are offered. It will always be clear whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
- iv) Navigation Information
- Each time you visit the FE Sports web site, anonymous navigation information is collected by our servers. This information includes
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- the address of the referring site (ie the previous site you had visited) and the website you leave our site to visit;
- the date and time of your visit;
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine); and
- the address of the pages you accessed.
This provides FE Sports with information about how the web site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency of visits and the duration of visits to each web page on the site. It does not personally identify individual users.
The personal information collected from you at this site is or may be used:
- for credit verification purposes;
- for billing purposes;
- to maintain your account;
- to notify you about other new products, services or promotions from time to time;
- to provide customer support;
- in order to provide you with the products, services or information you have requested.
Aspects of these functions may be outsourced to third parties who are only authorised by FE Sports to use this information for these purposes. FE Sports may also use its customer database including information provided by you through this web site to distribute information about other FE Sports services and other organisations' services to you. If at any time you no longer wish to receive email or postal communications from FE Sports or from third parties, you can contact FE Sports customer service at any time and make an 'opt out' request as per details at the end of this Statement.
Information collected on this site may also be combined and identified to provide FE Sports with anonymous demographic and usage information. FE Sports can then use this aggregated information to develop new and/or more appropriate services and products to offer to customers and may also be provided to third parties.
In addition, anonymous navigation information may be used for statistical analysis of the web site for marketing purposes and to tailor the content of the site to the needs of FE Sports customers. Statistical information is not disclosed in connection with your personal information.
Will personal information be given to anyone else?
Personal information collected at this site will only be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and with the terms and conditions of any relevant service. You should check the terms and conditions of individual products and services for information about disclosures.
Information collected at this site may be disclosed to third parties where functions are being outsourced. FE Sports may also disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
Access and Correction
Once you have registered as a FE Sports customer, you may access your account details and correct your personal information on the web site or by contacting FE Sports customer service. If you are not a customer of FE Sports, you may still request access to any personal information FE Sports may have collected from you through this web site. You can lodge an access request with FE Sports customer service at any time as per the details at the end of this Statement.
Are personal account details safe when being transmitted?
FE Sports strives to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind FE Sportss' firewalls.
FE Sportss' secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your name and address so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. However, while FE Sports maintains high standards in protecting your security, no transmission over the Internet or storage of information on servers connected to the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
All member details are kept within an SSL secured platform and all transactions take place directly with a secured payment gateway.
Are personal account details stored safely
FE Sports takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held, from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. FE Sports only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
Links to other site
FE Sports provides links on its web site to other sites. These sites may have different privacy policies than those of FE Sports and you are advised to check the privacy policies on those site.
Contacting FE Sports
FE Sports would like to ensure that your Internet experience is a safe and enjoyable one. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement you can contact FE Sports customer service on:
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time particularly as new industry codes are introduced. Any changes to the FE Sports Privacy Statement will be highlighted in this area from time to time.
This policy was last updated on 18th February 2009
APCO 2020 Annual Report and Action Plan